LACS is seeking an energetic and innovative individual who will be responsible for all the organization’s financial matters. This position reports directly to the Section Commissioner, while working collaboratively to address the operational needs of the Section and directives of the Board of Managers and Executive Committee.
- Under the direction of the Commissioner the Finance Manager will administer all financial matters to include; billing disbursing and collection, payroll, operating accounts, profit/loss reports, operating expenses payroll.
- Under the direction of the Commissioner, will develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- The Finance Manager will maintain all financial records using QuickBooks and oversee annual mandated financial audit and filing of tax returns.
- Will provide accurate and current data for the Section operating budget.
- Prepare monthly data reports for the Commissioner and make presentation to the Board of Managers and Executive Committee.
Essential Job Duties
- Manage all financial operations, including:
- Record/book keeping, ledger reconciliation, and vendor file maintenance,
- Financial projections and forecasting,
- Development and maintenance of programmatic and annual budgets,
- Accounts payable/receivable and procurement needs,
- Banking and investments,
- Tax filing and financial audits, AND
- Budget analysis
- Policy implementation
- Manage payroll and staff benefit functions, including:
- Payroll administration,
- Employment verification
- Health and retirement benefits administration,
- Maintenance of personnel records, AND
- Staff termination processing.
- Process annual membership fees, including assessment distribution, and collection of funds.
- Oversee assigned championship events – ticket sales, event staff hiring and supervision.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Commissioner.
- Minimum of five years of budgetary and accounting experience.
- Detail-oriented, demonstrates initiative, and ability to work independently.
- Multi-tasker, comfortable in fast-paced working environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to create presentation using data driven information.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite applications (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Proficient with QuickBooks and ADP payroll applications.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience within the field of accounting and/or business.
- Ability to perform all tasks efficiently and accurately with a strong attention to time management, discretion, and good judgment.
- Positive attitude, approachable, and ability to maintain professional demeanor at all times.
- Willingness to be a team player, without hesitation, to support office needs and agenda.
- Understanding of interscholastic sports programs and playoff.