Quick Reference Guide
Quick Reference Guide to Tournament Hosting and Participation
NOTE- forms to download are no longer available.
Please have your school's Athletic Director use CIF Home to fill out necessary information.
IF YOU PLAN ON HOSTING A TOURNAMENT
- It must be sanctioned by the CIF Los Angeles City Section. Please go on CIF Home Campus to fill out the necessary information.
- If out-of-state teams are invited, you must apply for a National Sanction through the CIF State Office except for border states.
- Information must be received to the Section Office at least 30 days prior to the event.
- Submit original + one copy of the "Application to Host Sanctioned Tournament", Attachments A and B, Tournament Flyer or Letter of Invitation, Sample Bracket and Partnership Agreement (if applicable).
- Tournament cannot start before the first allowable date for that sport.
- No competition is allowed on a Sunday.
- Must follow CIF award limits: individuals not more than $100, team award not more than $250, and coaches award not more than $20.00.
- All outdoor sports fall under the Sunset rule for darkness.
- If you are in partnership with another organization, you still have the liability and responsibility to follow all CIF rules, policies and regulations regarding the hosting of a tournament.
- Follow all instructions on the Instruction Sheet and check off as completed.
- Thoroughly read the Tournament Section in the Gold Book.
- Approved or denied application will be sent back to the Athletic Director.
- Call the Section Office if you do not receive confirmation within a week.
- Send tournament results to the Section Office within one week of tournament completion.
IF YOU PLAN ON PARTICIPATING IN A TOURNAMENT
- The tournament must be sanctioned by CIF and State Association where it will be played.
- The tournament must be hosted by a credited high school.
- There can be no competition on a Sunday.
- The tournament cannot be before the first allowable contest in the season of sport.
- Individual awards cannot be over $100, team award over $250 or coaches awards over $20.00.
IF YOU PLAN ON PARTICIPATING IN AN OUT-OF-STATE TOURNAMENT
- Please consult with your local district office for permission.