Competitive Cheer update- see attachments below....
- All schools offering competitive cheer are required to include cheer on their commitment forms.
- There will be a cheer coaches meeting scheduled in January
- The timeline for cheer will include:
- It is recommended for all non-league contest to include multiple schools as each team’s performance will last 2 ½ minutes. With warmup time and transition from one competitor to the next, the contest can be an hour to hour and a half if 5 or 6 schools are participating.
- School can begin to schedule non-league competition for dates between the first allowable contest and the league championship. It is recommended that you have 5 or more schools at a competition as each performance is 2 ½ minutes.
- The league championship will be managed like other league championship, with proceeds from the gate will go toward the expenses. Any residual expenses will be shared equally by the schools involved.
- All schools will qualify for regional competition. Each school will determine their division of competition for the regional. The regional is the qualifier for the city championship.
- The advisory will select the number of qualifies in each division for the city championships.